MiXBMCu – Mint XBMC Universal
Sorry we no longer offer this download. This page remains for archival purposes only. Please see our commercial offering for Apple TV 1 that include access to our private forums and private add ons and repositories storage for the single largest collection of XBMC add – ons in any single place on the web.
If you are looking for a solution for linux with component out for xbmc on ATV 1, we are adding an additional version of LinATV Component . Please note however this is a separate build that will use component out only. we offer default xorg.conf files files only for 720p , 1080i AND 1080p on 60 hz TVs, that worked on our test systems however, you MUST install the appropriate xorg.conf , and we offer NO SUPPORT FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR TV, nor xorg.conf wrangling.
Component or HDMI is mandated by the purchased version, and is not changeable after purchase. Use the “contact us” link at the bottom of the page for the component version. It is the same Price as the LinATV HDMI vesion linked to below, however based on Linux Mint 10 instead of XbmcBuntu, with details as described below aside from it being upgraded to XBMC 11 (or 12 when available) , and our custom repos and access to our private forums.
If you are looking to download an image and ‘dd’ your own copy, we can accommodate you at a reduced price however please read the fine print after the Paypal buttons on the link below, then use the “contact us” link at the footer of the page.
Here is what I am calling MiXBMCu or Mint XBMC Universal. I say universal because it can boot most PCs as well as Apple TV Ver 1. I feel this is the most complete and up to date stable version of XBMC with OS for ATV1. It can be used on Apple TV (White – Gen1) to overcome heating problems when the Internal drive is disconnected or removed.
- All drivers and configuration for ATV (except audio over HDMI???)
- .deb package for Crystal HD
- RCA Audio out
- Remote control support for Apple TV Built in
- Designed for a diskless system built will boot the AppleTV with internal drive if you reboot using own and return keys simultaneously. You can now remove the ATV drive to reduce heat issues. You can also use it to build a diskless HTPC system.
- Other outputs and modes currently are un-tested, but I am sure that other video modes will work.
- Apple TV has a shut down issue on this release. (Although I apparently unknowingly overcame this issue on another install I am not sure how)
- You need only copy the image to an 8 Gig thumb drive. using a proper tool for your OS.
- Repositories installer add on is pre installed.
- When booting a PC it is advisable to first select Gnome at the gray login screen where it pauses for several seconds. (select gnome in lower part of screen). You can then go to the GUI control center and install any proprietary drivers for your system. On next reboot select XBMC. This may not work on a PC with an installed internal or other USB disks
- you may need to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf from a Linux box on the 7.x Gig partition, or you can use SSH or VNC user/pass xbmc/xbmc. You can do this from within the Mint GUI if you can temporarily accommodate the video on another TV. Yopu can also do this via SSH once you boot to the Mint thumb drive. Run from the command shell “sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf. gFor HDMI you can try renaming the xorg.orig file to xorg.conf after you have renamed the original xorg.conf (no promises as it is untested).
- Automounts USB disks FAT32, and HFS+ (Read Only Testing)
- Easy configuration via Linux Mint GUI.
- ssh user/pass xbmc/xbmc
- VNC is installed however Need a tweak to get past a Keyring login. So any remote user will prompt a keyring login on the local machine. user/pass xbmc/xbmc
- There is a back up user administrator/administrator, should you find you need it.
Extract that image file and restore it with dd. You can do this with most any “live” CD/DVD Linux distro such as Ubuntu , etc. Google is your friend if you do not understand this however I accept no responsibility if you overwrite the wrong drive. For noobs….It is HIGHLY RECOMMEND to disconnect any internal had disk before attempting this! The dd command can overwrite an entire hard disk and there is no undo.
You should also be able to dd this image to an ATV hard disk. You can do this via the image already on a USB thumbdrive and dd from original image on a network share or second thumb drive.
You can leave comments below.
Current release should show video on HDMI by default.
To make a working copy on an 8 GB Memory on Linux use something like
dd if=partition.image.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sdb
This is also very similar to Mac OS however the Disks are /dev/diskX where X is a numeric value
Windows users try winimage or win32 image
I am not responsible if you overwrite the wrong disk!
TORRENT SEEDERS NEEDED FOR THIS FILE. Please use the contact us button below if you have seeded this torrent so we may post the link
Once installed you can upgrade to XBMC 11.0 Eden 11.0 with apt or via the Linux Mint GUI.When upgrading to XBMC Eden 11.0 you should apply any other system updates.
Select at login XBMC or Gnome. Logout to select, and selection sticks till changed again.